SeaLion-2 Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV)
Price $USD 29,995.00
ROVs are completely mobile underwater camera systems that are controlled from the surface and capable of staying submerged indefinitely. These ROVs are ideally suited to a variety of applications including pipeline inspections, river and ocean searches, dam surveys, oil and gas platform work, fish farming, and homeland security operations. They can dramatically reduce search time, as well as the risk and high cost associated with diving operations. Equipped with the RMD-1 remote metal detector the ROV becomes a high tech search system capable of locating weapons, unexploded ordnance, pipelines, buried treasure, and other metal objects.
Both the SeaLion-2 and SeaOtter-2 come with carry case.
The SeaLion-2 is Fishers top-of the-line ROV. It has four high performance motors that make it faster than the SeaOtter-2. In addition, even more thrust is available with a Power Boost feature that provides the ROV with an extra burst of speed when heavier currents are encountered. Other advantages are a 1,000 foot depth rated housing and the ability to operate with cable lengths up to 1,500 feet. Other features include front and rear facing color cameras with pan and tilt. Illumination for the front camera is provided by two, fully adjustable, 2200 lumen LED lights. Lighting for the rear camera is provided by a ring of high intensity LEDs.
System controls for the Sealion-2 are cleanly laid out in a high impact water proof case with an ultra bright 15 inch flat screen monitor built into the lid. Command of the ROV’s thrusters, cameras, and lights are managed with a compact hand-held controller. A wireless controller can also be used to give the operator even greater freedom. A gentle push on the vertical joystick propels the vehicle down into the depths, and a nudge on the horizontal sends the ROV flying over the ocean floor. The control panel has jacks and amplifiers which make it adaptable to the requirements of each job. A video output jack allows an additional remote monitor to be used simultaneously with the internal flat screen monitor. Other viewers can see the world below without crowding around the control console. An internal video amplifier adjusts picture quality to optimize the video for water clarity. Connect an external DVR recorder and make a permanent record of the underwater scene. With the internal audio amplifier voice can also recorded with the video picture.
Options available on the SeaLion-2 are: cable lengths up to 1,500 feet, cable management systems, on-screen display for time/date/GPS/compass heading/depth/distance from bottom, 2 color side camera (making a total of 4 cameras), auto depth control, auto distance from bottom, control of ROV from a computer, an external DVR recorder, internal DVR recorder, video text overlay, manipulator arm, metal detector, scanning sonar, and spare parts kit (includes extra dome, thruster, light bulbs, etc.).
- With an additional 250′ of cable (total of 500′ of cable): $USD 1,995
- With an additional 750′ of cable (total of 1,000′ of cable): $USD 3,995
- With an additional 1,250′ of cable (total of 1,500′ of cable): $USD 6,665
- In-line Connectors: $USD 800
- CMS-1 Cable Management system (cable reel up to 250′): $USD 2,995
- CMS-2 Cable Management system (cable reel up to 1,000′): $USD 3,495
- Basic Spare Parts Kit: $USD 1,995
- On-screen display for Time/Date/GPS: INCLUDED
- Additional sensors for compass/depth/temp: $USD 1,995
- Single function (open/close) manipulator arm: $USD 2,995
- 12 vdc (inverter): $USD 795
- 220 vac (transformer): $USD 275
- External DVR recorder: $USD 295
- Color PAL format camera and monitor (Europe): $USD 995
- ROV metal detector and surface display: $USD 12,995
- SCAN-650 Scanning Sonar: $USD 6,995
- With built-in DVR recorder: $USD 995
- With Video Text Overlay: $USD 895*requires On-screen display
- Display distance off bottom on screen: $USD 1,995
- Auto distance off bottom $USD 595
- Two color side camera: $USD 4,995
- Computer control of ROV: $USD 2,495
- Auto Depth Control: $USD 595**requires On-screen display and Sensor package be installed
- GoPro® camera with 1,000 foot depth rated housing: $USD 995